Thursday, October 06, 2016

Training - “I’ll do the best I can do today with whatever is going on.”

10/5 - press, chins, dips, face pulls, pushdowns
10/4 - shadowbox, stretch
10/3 - squats, leg raise, lunge
9/30 - bench, chins, pushups

How a 330 lb High School Dropout Lost 140 and Turned His Life Around | Nerd Fitness: "I used to say, “Oh, I’ll start again tomorrow. So, I may as well just eat my face off today.” I did that for literally years. I’m not kidding. YEARS. Every day! I mean, it’s basically insanity. Doing the same thing and expecting different results. It’s like I lived the same day every day in some ways like Groundhog Day. I even made several different NF accounts over the years because I’d ‘want to start fresh’. It’s basically like deleting your saved game and starting over and expecting that somehow you’ll make it further the next time because you wished you were a chaotic neutral dwarf, not a chaotic neutral Halfling. Changing your mindset and attitude is hard. Now I think, “I’ll do the best I can do today with whatever is going on.” If I go out drinking at eat a little too much, I might gain a 1/4th to ½ pound of actual fat. But I know it’ll come off in a week. I don’t define myself by my mistakes, but my success. And I let myself be human."


Seven Years Primal: Healthier, Stronger, and Wiser Than Ever | Mark's Daily Apple: "Testosterone is a hell of a drug. You’ve been deficient in it your entire life. Your inability to grow a beard is not genetic. I’m sorry to say your serum levels are within the upper limit of normalcy for women. Your crippling social anxiety is not because you are a nerd per se, but because you lack the necessary hormones for confident social behavior. Now, you are going to have to be very careful with this. As with any hormone, prolonged deficiency leads to increased sensitivity. When you start eating like an alpha hunter, and training like an alpha hunter, the androgens will blow you away. Painting your face with your own blood during a deadlift workout may seem like a great idea, and it is pretty inspired, but perhaps not advisable in the company gym. Recognize your hormones and don’t let them master you. Indeed, by controlling your hormones, you control your reaction to events, which is as good as controlling reality itself, and true sorcery."








No comments:

Post a Comment