Wednesday, September 28, 2016

"Show me a man or woman that is 100 pounds overweight who says they love their body and I will show you a liar."

People deserve compassion and love.  Bad ideas, like "fat acceptance," deserve the harshest criticism you're able to give. 

 The Real “Body Love” – MAX SHANK: "Body Love is the latest hot topic to hit the fitness industry. I like the idea, really I do. However, I have seen this idea portrayed in two ways.The first, which I like, is about not striving for the myth of perfection. The second, which I don’t, is about excusing people who completely disrespect their bodies with what they do. Show me a man or woman that is 100 pounds overweight who says they love their body and I will show you a liar. This is a classic example of people saying one thing and doing another. It’s fairly similar to a husband who beats his wife but says, “I love you.” Imagine you spend your day eating garbage and sitting on your ass and then look in the mirror and say, “I love you.” What is the real message? Instead, show your love by how much of your time and energy you are willing to dedicate to the continued health of your body and mind. If you really love your body, give it your time and care...

When I see a person who is 100 pounds overweight giving speeches about body love at colleges, It makes me shake my head, and wonder what the world is coming to. Whether you are in the shape of your life, or just starting out on a fitness journey from a long hiatus, it really doesn’t matter. What matters, are your actions. What do you do every day that slowly kills you, or helps you thrive and grow? With your body, it’s exactly the same damn thing, you don’t love your body if you treat it like (and fill it with) garbage. In a certain sense, body love isn’t about “mindset” at all. It’s about what you do–actions speak much, much louder than words. If I have a point to make, it is this: We all have a body They all look different Be happy with what you got Try to get a little better every day Get some skills, and become more ninja-like I am 100% behind body love. Let’s be sure it lifts us up emotionally and psychologically without tearing us down physically."






No comments:

Post a Comment