Friday, June 10, 2016

"Being more modern and delusionally sophisticated we have financialized slavery and created something called jobs."

» On elevating humanity Early Retirement Extreme: "Work may be thought of as a form of self-expression. For instance, when I worked as a physicist, I considered the programs I wrote to simulate neutron stars and the papers I wrote about my understanding of the results a form of self-expression much in the same way a musician picks up a guitar. There’s also a lot of work which can not be considered as such. The Ancient Greeks thought that such work was slavery. Their solution was to own slaves. Being more modern and delusionally sophisticated we have financialized slavery and created something called jobs. While people can no longer be owned like slaves, jobs can certainly be bought, sold, and owned. And seeing how most people need jobs, it’s effectively the same thing, plus ca change…"


No comments:

Post a Comment