Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"Maybe it's the syphilis talking, but some of that made sense."



"Buffy: But even though it's hard, we have to end this. Yes, he's been wronged, and I personally would be ready to apologize, but I... 
Spike: Oh, someone put a stake in me. 
Xander: You got a lot of volunteers in here. 
Spike: I just can't take all this mamby-pamby boo-hooing about the bloody Indians. 
Willow: Uh, the preferred term is... 
Spike: You won. All right? You came in and you killed them and you took their land. That's what conquering nations do. It's what Caesar did, and he's not goin' around saying, "I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it." The history of the world is not people making friends. You had better weapons, and you massacred them. End of story. 
Buffy: Well, I think the Spaniards actually did a lot of - Not that I don't like Spaniards. 
Spike: Listen to you. How you gonna fight anyone with that attitude? 
Willow: We don't wanna fight anyone. 
Buffy: I just wanna have Thanksgiving. 
Spike: Heh heh. Yeah... Good luck. 
Willow: Well, if we could talk to him... 
Spike: You exterminated his race. What could you possibly say that would make him feel better? It's kill or be killed here. Take your bloody pick. 
Xander: Maybe it's the syphilis talking, but some of that made sense."





No comments:

Post a Comment