Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"If I I'm gonna find a way to set up a situation where I'm always the injured party and I prove again and again that I'm persecuted... then I 'm never gonna get fucking healed."

Barry Crimmins: "Goldthwait’s new documentary, “Call Me Lucky,” captures Crimmins’ life and career, in which he supplemented his stand-up act with activism, including opposition to Reagan administration’s support of the Contras in Nicaragua. The heart of the project, though, is Crimmins’ decision to go public in the early ’90s with the fact that he had been raped as a 4-year-old child by the male friend of his babysitter’s mother. He grappled with the memory of this childhood trauma by exposing pedophilia chatrooms popping up on then-emerging Internet provider America Online. When called to testify before a congressional hearing in 1995, he challenged AOL’s reticence to shut such chatrooms down."


"Even though I got raped when I was four years old... If I I'm gonna find a way to set up a situation where I'm always the injured party and I prove again and again that I'm persecuted... then I 'm never gonna get fucking healed.

'If anybody can defuse the term word trigger warning then youre the goddamned guy... we're gonna develop a nation of permanent children.  This fucking term is disgusting...'

It does damage It just sets people up to stay in the pit.  To wallow.  Its "empowering" them people to wallow."


No comments:

Post a Comment